The Sweet and the Not so Sweet

17 comments
I really don't know how I deserve such generous and kind friends. I am richer in so many ways from knowing women that share the same hobby and like doing the things I like, too. My friends from all over the world are so generous to me with comments and encouragement and occasionally sweet treats that my family (and I) marvel at!
Jane has been a good friend for a long time and she is as generous and nice as they come. How did she know I was out of peeps? And look at that color! See the sweet pink rick rack she sent next to the green. Now isn't that is a quilter's eye for color. When I opened the box my daughter Whitney was home and I could see her eye the incredible beehive pot with desire. Whitney loves bees and is making her own collection in her home on her china hutch. She sometimes likes to "borrow" but she's not getting this! Thanks so much Jane. For everything. Jane sells great fabrics. Go see what she's up to.
Candace has been a friend for a while now, too. These sweet women found me somehow and I'm so grateful they both did. Candace sent me an Easter bag and note pad. Super cut. Look at that fabric!
Inside the bag was like getting my Easter basket on Easter morning and those little fun feelings came back to me of being a kid with a pile of Easter candy and more. Candace picked out that fabric for the bag just for me. Isn't that a great idea. Love it. Thanks Candace. I hope it is ok to copy this idea sometime.
Adventures in Alice Land is having her 200th post celebrations with lots of gifts and treats. Aren't bloggers so incredibly generous. Go say hi and try for the prizes but not those 5 fat quarters! I want them!! Another sweet thing about making friends on blogs, I make knew ones all the time like dear Alice.
And now the not so sweet. I've been unpicking quilting from a table runner. I probably should have left it, junked it, and started over. Time wise I'd have been way ahead. I really don't mind unpicking but when it runs into a 2-day event, it gets old. Thanks to Tricia for helping me tonight while we sat at Alpine Quilts. See. Even in my problems, I have the sweetest friends!

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments

Thimbleanna said...

You need to sweet talk hubby into doing the unpicking for you! Great gifts Nanette -- and very well deserved!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Now that is a really sweet friend that will help you "unpick stitches". LOL! Nice gifties! I have received several items in the mail recently and just the other day, I thought....gee, I feel like Nanette. :-) I found some cute bee fabric that will one day come your way.......am organizing my stash so there may be more.... :-)

Suzanne said...

What great friends..I like the beehive too!

alobsiger said...

I'm glad there was some sweet to cover for that not so sweet. Argh, I dislike unpicking machine quilting more than anything. I commend you for not junking the thing! Three cheers for sweet friends!

Rumi said...

Wow, what a big job it is to unpick all that stitching! You have more patience than me!

Wonderful gifts from some nice blogger friends too. Enjoy your peeps!

Nedra said...

That's because YOU are the sweetest friend ever, and are so generous with your talents and time. I am so happy to see what you have sent out, coming back your way. Happy Easter!

Needled Mom said...

Wonderful goodies!!!!

I hate the unpicking to begin with, but two days worth????? YUCK!

Corrie said...

I've been unpicking too. It'll be worth it in the end. I keep saying that to myself. I'm almost done. You have some awesome friends -- surprises are so fun! Happy Easter!

em's scrapbag said...

That a keeper of a friend that will help you unpick. Love the green peeps. What a great color.

Unknown said...

I agree with Anna, a little sweet talking always works. I have been there and definitely done that. It is no fun, so hopefully you are enjoying those treats while unpicking.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hi Nanette!

It's me Stefanie (quiltbuddy). I have a new blog:
http://littleladypatchwork.blogspot.com/

and yes you are right:
Quilter's have the kindest hearts!

Everything is lovely.

Lori Holt said...

oh nanette...
unpicking? I HATE when that happens!
You are a sweet friend Nanette...you reap what you sew:)...lol
lori

rachelmp said...

What wonderful friends!

Simone de Klerk said...

I can almost smell the green bunnies. Love the little bag with treats you got!
And oh, that unpicking. Why are we often not satisfied with our work? good luck!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Quilting does seem to bring people together doesn't it. You have some lovely gifts there. I hate unpicking and think you are amazing that you perservered so much with this one! It will be worth it in the end though. May you and your family have a wonderful Easter xo

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Un- picking, I have been doing that a lot lately!! What a kind friend to help! I love the fabric Candace used; it has your name allover it!! I loved sending you that little treat, which also had your name on it!

Robin said...

So many lovely treats! At least it appears the sweet far outnumber the not-so-sweet. :) I don't envy you the un-picking-- but at least you had a little help along the way. And I have a feeling you'll find it was worth it in the end.