Last Bryce Re-Treat

18 comments
For my final trip down memory lane from the retreat I'll show you the last class I took taught by my new friend Brenda Bailey. I'll start out by saying how much fun the class was and how glad I was to get to know Brenda. We have a lot in commom, but she's way ahead of me in so many ways.
Brenda and her daughter Bonnie are quilt designers and teachers that live south of me about an hour and one half in a little town called Fountain Green. Their company is Pie Plate Patterns and I've seen their patterns/quilts before and knew of their wonderful quilts. So I was really happy to meet Brenda in my "Going to Market" class and get to know her a little before taking the "Slice and Dice" class from her. Brenda and Bonnie are putting a retreat together for next month. I wish I could be there. You can read about it here.
Here are the first blocks from the "Slice and Dice" pattern/class. This is the project I said had so many pieces! But wouldn't you know it. I cut it out wrong. Even though my quilt is going to be slightly different from the pattern (because I missed a part when I was prepping - doh!) I was able to learn the process and be able to still use all my tiny pieces to make the quilt. I've been itching to sew this but I want to get my baskets done first. I am keeping my 2 blocks out on the sewing table to keep me motivated. I just love them.
I purchased one of Brenda's books during class and was lucky enough to win their new Spring book during one of our meetings. Yayy for me. I love the tulip quilt.
Shelbie was also lucky enough to win a door prize, too. She got this cute big mug filled with die cut hearts. If she doesn't use them quickly she just may find I've stolen them.
One of my other classes was this wool bag by Paula and Sherry - my local friends. I wish this was my bag (above) but I barely got mine started. I listened to the instructions and watched as others began working on their bag. I also cut out my wool leaves. But I decided not to start another project that I knew I wouldn't be able to complete while there. So I packed up my kit and brought it home. I'm promising myself I WILL make it soon. I haven't worked much with wool and I definitely want to make this cute bag.

I'm catching up slowly to home and work responsibilities and making progress with my basket quilt. So more on that this week.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

18 comments

Unknown said...

I can see you had a lovely time. I love the new blocks, the retro fabrics are so cool! I guess you are a lot like me, I always want to be faithful to whatever project I am working on at the moment...it is not easy either!! I always want to let loose with my enthusiasm on the next one...ha! You are doig great, love your work.

Lori Holt said...

Nanette..
Thanks for sharing your classes! The quilt is really fun and different. I know what you mean about just taking home the kit and trying to get to it later...I have too much of that going on in my studio.
Lori

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Thank you for sharing all your fun. I can tell you and Shelbie had a great time. What fun lucky wins! I agree she had better hide those hearts!!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Sometimes going to retreat is a lot like going on vacation....you get away and have fun but then there is so much to catch up on when you get home. You'll enjoy making that bag so save it for a "rainy day" when you're caught up and want a project that is a treat just for you!

Elizabeth said...

I am quite sure I have one of their books, A Piece of Pie. I've had my eye on some of those cute patterns. Looks like it was a fun retreat. Also, you sent me a message on twitter a week or so ago. I have to confess something.... I started an account but I forgot my username and password so I haven't been able to write you back! Sorry!

Thimbleanna said...

Fountain Green???? Heck, they might as well be in Manti LOL!

Looks like you attended some really fun classes Nanette!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Love seeing all the pictures from the retreat. Gives us all inspiration and I can see why you could start so many projects. I haven't seen one that I wouldn't enjoy making.

Nedra said...

Thanks for more information on Brenda. I didn't know she was the designer, too. What a nice lady.

Lurline said...

A wonderful retreat for you , Nanette - quite pacey, you must be happy to be back at normal speed!
Hugs - Lurline♥

alobsiger said...

What fun! LOVE those slice & dice blocks! Really, really charming! Is that a pattern in one of the books?? It looks like a really fun class and project!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Nanette, that IS a beautiful wool bag! And I really like the die cut hearts. I have some, but I like Shelbie's better, cuter fabrics. Thanks for sharing your retreat with us all!!

Rumi said...

What a fun slice and dice pattern!
The wool bag is cute and I'm sure you can't wait to finish yours.

pratima said...

Nanette, I love your blocks... the colors are so soft yet fun at the same time... loving this pattern so much :)
The wool bag is beautiful! I'll look forward to yours.

Valerie said...

Hi Nanette,
I am finally getting around to checking your blog for news of Bryce Re-Treat. I am starting a new job as a rep for Texture Magic. I can't wait to get started! Sounds like you have a little experience with it. You will have to tell me how you like it. It was good to see you and your daughter at Ruby's. Could you believe the smoke?
Valerie

Momoo said...

So many neat projects...so little time. Hope to see the finished projects soon.

quiltingnana said...

the classes sound great...glad you enjoyed them

Julia said...

Thank you for sharing all your fun.
What a fun bright slice and dice pattern.. love the wool bag..
great pics..
Julia ♥

Browndirtcottage said...

That is going to be some good lookin' wool bag...I.LIKE.
The Slice n Dice is not one I have seen before but I like it too!!