Birthday and Showers

40 comments
Today Jamie is 19. Can you guess which daughter she is? Hint - not the pregnant one. Jamie is a funny kid. Those of you that know her understand that she is 19 going on 5.
Left to right: Jamie, Whitney and Laurie. This was taken at Natalie's shower on Saturday. Between now and Halloween 5 of my 8 kids have birthdays. Ridiculous. I know. But today is Jamie's day. Jamie is not a quilter and I really don't see that in her future. Ever. She's a sporty girl (remember the Eagles quilt from her graduation) and she LOVES basketball shoes. But she's got a little creative side so she likes to paint her basketball shoes.
I think she really does a good job. Jamie uses these leather paints and I'm all for anything crafty. I just don't see a custom paint job on my feet anytime soon.

The rest of this post about the showers for Whitney and Natalie. And most of them were taken by Laurie (see above). Her perspective is a little different than mine. I usually think "what would look good on the blog" like center pieces, decorations, etc. I guess next time I'll have to do less visiting and more photography myself.
My daughter Whitney's baby is due October 19. Her in-laws had a shower for her a couple weeks ago outside in their beautiful yard. And Whitney got some really fabulous things to start out her new little life as a soon-to-be mommy.
I gave Whitney one of my sample "All Dressed Up" quilts.
And one of my tumbler bow quilts I had made a while ago. I think she can make a good start with these two and we'll work on other quilts later. Last Saturday was Natalie's bridal shower at her Aunt Lorraine's house given by her grandmother and 3 aunts. Again, sorry I didn't get all the cute decorations and fun stuff in the pictures. Everything was so lovely and all decorated with cowboy theme to go with the wedding.
Lorraine is a fabulous quilter. I told Laurie several times to make sure that Lorraine's quilts were photographed. So at least I have something fun to show you. This is one of the lovely Lori Holt quilts that Lorraine has made.
I love this orange quilt and the fall Bunny Hill pumpkin quilt, too. Someday I'll make that quilt.
Eek. Really bad photo. But this was the only photo of the tied quilt that was up for us to work on for Natalie. The quilt is super cute. When it is bound I'll show it again. The underside is darling cowboy fabric and I love the patchwork flannel on top. I made Natalie an engagement quilt and had it bound just in time (the night before the shower). The back is denim and was quilted in a sunflower pattern. Sunflowers are her main wedding flower.I used a whole cloth approach with Jennifer Paganelli fabric. I really love this hexagon from her "Dance with Me" Sis Boom line. It was too pretty to cut up and represents the colorful approach that will be taken to the wedding.
I thought it would be a fun camping quilt for the newlyweds.

I don't really have time to proof this post so I hope this all makes sense. If not, oh well. Thanks for your sweet kind words, always. Wonderful women read my blog and understand.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIE!

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

40 comments

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Happy Birthday!
Happy Wedding Shower!
Happy Bagy Shower!
What an exciting time of year in your family. Can't wait to see pictures from the wedding and of the new baby. Best of luck to your whole brood. Jenn

nettie said...

wow! I think we must be kindred spirits or something, today is my birthday and I have a baby due on October 19th as well. Your daughters are so lucky to receive such wonderful quilts from you!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Great Post, beautiful daughters, fun times and Happy Birthday, Baby and Wedding to all the girls. It looked as if fun was had at all the events!!

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! Here's wishing her many more happy, healthy years to celebrate :) You have beautiful girls Nanette! Enjoy all the wonderful celebrations your family has coming up! Loved all the quilts! The "sunflower" quilting was awesome.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Wow, lots of celebrating going on in your family!!! What fun times! The quilting on the sunflower quilt is beautiful. I'm not sure I'd take that one camping. Much too pretty to be a camping quilt. :-)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Happy Days!!

Kaaren said...

Great post, Nanette. Family and quilts...just like peaches and cream...a perfect match.

Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

Happy times indeed. Blessings abound. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Good grief, Nanette!!! Most of us would be content with one celebration to blog, but not you - three! I'm tired just reading. :)

I love how you've made the cheater cloth so special and what a great quilter you have, too!

Nedra said...

The quilts for your daughters are so special. Happy Birthday to Jamie. Today is Paul's 18th BD, and as my baby I'm not ready!

Unknown said...

what a great few days you've had! I don't know where to begin on all of the wonderful stuff!
And what beautiful daughters too!

rachel griffith said...

what a blessing to be celebrating SO many wonderful things!!!


{i am in LOVE with natalie's jennifer paganelli quilt.}

Elizabeth said...

I love the solid denim on the back of that quilt. It really shows off the quilting. I love both the baby quilts too!

happy zombie said...

So much goodness buzzing at the hive. Birthdays, babies, quilts oh my! Happy Birthday to the Freda Hive Five + Three!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Jamie.
Your daughters are adorable and seem to all have such a unique creative side to them, which makes for a fun and interesting family.
The showers look like everyone had a wonderful time and the girls received lots of beautiful gifts. Congratulations to Whitney and Natalie.
And on a quilter's note: I love the orange quilt too.
Thanks for sharing such great photos.

Unknown said...

What a crazy fun time you are having right now nanette, enjoy !!!

Unknown said...

Nanette, What a wonderful full life you have right now!! I love all the girly fun you are having. Happy Birthday, Jamie! Your new grandbaby is due on my hubby's birthday. A great day in my mind.

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! Looks like you all had a wonderful time at the showers. I love tying quilts at bridal showers!!!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh my.....you do have a full
calendar....hoping you are enjoying!!!

Lurline said...

Happy birthday to Jamie! Wow, lots of celebrations of the best kind - looks like lots of fun and I love all the quilts, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Wow Nanette! You are going to be so busy the next couple of weeks! Just remember to take time and REALLY enjoy all of the special moments!

See you when you have time to update us.

XOXO!

Trisha said...

Fun to get to see all the busy-ness in your family. And of course I love seeing all the quilts. That sunflower quilting is gorgeous!

Rumi said...

A happy, busy time for you and your family! Wonderful post.

jacquie said...

i think the painting shoe idea is inspired! my youngest decorates his shoes too, and then he won't throw them away when they are shabby. what a treasure to have a nanette made quilt. lucky gal!

Lori Holt said...

Good times Nanette...you are such a great Mom to your beautiful girls.
LOVE the quilts you have made them and I really dig the paint job on the shoes!
Keep on keepin on...enjoy every moment.
x
lori

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Oh Nanette, I think your cup runneth over. Be careful with your rash and make sure it's not viral. It will come when you are stressed and tired.
I really like your baby quilts and the one piece looks perfect for the soon to be bride and groom.
Rest when you can,
Bonnie

Lily Boot said...

My goodness Nanette! What a lot of wonderful joy there is in your life at the moment! You're right, that orange quilt is gorgeous. And I just love that you all sat around and worked on a quilt for Natalie - so lovely and something I have always wanted to do. Enjoy.

calicodaisy said...

Oh, I love whole-cloth quilts, and that is a great choice of fabric to do one with. A busy few months for you, I know! Hope you enjoy it all.

MichelleB said...

Happy Birthday, Jamie! We were in Century City on Sunday and saw some girls with super colorful shoes - so Jamie is obviously right on track with shoes (no pun intended). Love all of the quilts. That sunflower quilting is fabulous!

Candace said...

Happy Birthday, Jamie! What a great baby and wedding shower, too! Such a wonderful time, Nanette! Now that you have 3 celebrations done, perhaps you can get (just a little) quiet time - LOL!
Cheers!

Sandy said...

I love the engagement quilt...the quilting is exquisite!

amy smart said...

Congrats on all the fun festivities!! (And good luck with future events too.)

That Sunflower quilting is amazing!

Carrie P. said...

Thanks for sharing all your family happenings. Look like you are all busy. Great quilts.

Janet said...

Lots of happy and joyful celebrations going on in your family.So nice to see all the lovely people in your life and the quilts you've given.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all the quilts and it looks like you all are having a fun time with family.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

pratima said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Jamie :~D
Your quilts are so beautiful, Nanette. The sunflower quilting looks so happy and joyful.
Lorraine's quilts are gorgeous!
Have a fun-filled Autumn :)
Happy Celebrations!!

sallgood said...

Happy family times! It's great that they all get to start each new chapters of their livee wrapped in quilts made with so much love!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the sunflower pattern. It shows perfectly on the dark backing.

Eileen said...

I love the photo of the knotted comforter.. it is fabulous.. blurry makes a very good picture sometimes.