It's another Fabric Friday with fabulousness

32 comments
Last week I went to a quilt store in my area that I had never been to before. The store is called Gracie Lou's and it is in Salem, Utah. It is a really cute store. They also sell fabric online and have some pretty great sales. When you first come in the door you are greeted by the most adorable Grandmother's Garden quilt inside a ringer washtub. You know I paid that more than just a passing glance. It is so lovely.
This cute quilt reminds me of chocolate for Valentine's Day. You can see they have nice displays.
This is just a few of the fabric delights awaiting you at Gracie Lou's. They have the best trim selection, too. Unfortunately the picture I took of the trim section did not turn out but they have everything from rick rack and pom poms to Scandinavian type ribbon. If you are making a little girl's skirt, the trim would be such a nice touch.
I did make some tiny purchases at Gracie Lou's - just 3 fat quarters and a yard of this Anna Griffin unique print. I had not seen this anywhere before. It is polka dots with a modern twist I think. Very appealing.
They had some novelty fabrics and it was hard to choose between these Henry Glass fabrics and some owls but I went for the birds and the Paris scene above. Both are so darling.
I couldn't resist this classic orange gingham. I'm really into orange lately. I am going to make one of my appliqued teapots out of this. I was pretty proud of myself for my self control. Natalie got a few really cute pieces and she can post about that next Friday while I'm at the Bryce Canyon Retreat.
I had a lot of questions about my stash of rick rack from yesterday. I purchased all of these at Kiefers.com over time. Most of them I was able to get for 10 cents a yard. They have gone up in price but buying in bulk is still he way to go. If you need rick rack you might consider buying a roll and splitting it with some friends. Eileen noticed that the cocoa color in the middle was what I used for my tree branches in "In the Leavy Treetops" quilt.


It is supposed to snow here tomorrow. I hope not but we do have some sun streaming in my window today. Nice weekend to all.

-nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

32 comments

em's scrapbag said...

I love Gracie Lou's it is a very cute store. I first found out about it at annual meeting. I bought a few things at their booth. I added it to my list for sales runs and I am so glad I did. It's a fun place to visit.

Kritta22 said...

I can't wait to move to the lower 48 and be able to drive places again! I could spend hours in a quilt shop like that...maybe days.

Kaaren said...

Thanks for the info on the ric rac. Looks like you had a fun day. I'll have to check them out on line.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

That looks like a fun store with a little of everything, Love what you choose, I was also wondering about the rick rack, I need to check that out. I love fabric fridays! Happy V-Day to you and yours!!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I love the photo of the old wringer washer. Oh so many years ago, I got my arm stuck in one when I was fooling around. No serious injury but when my mom talks about it, you can tell I was being a naughty little girl when it happened. LOL! Thanks for the rick rack source. I order lots of trims from Home-Sew out of Bethlehem, PA. I'm betting you are familiar with their catalog. I've ordered from them for more than 35 years!! Always love to get their catalog and see what's new!

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing about your wonderful stash of ric rac. I think your area has the most quilt stores around; wish we had half as many.

rachel griffith said...

oh how fun!!!
i really, really love the little paris scene fabric.
i mean how much cuter could it get???
tehehe.

can't wait to see natalie shows us!!!

Janet said...

I wish I had a LQS like that. I can see so many possibilities for the dot fabric.

Lurline said...

Hi Nanette, Is the ric-rac coton, please? Plenty of the synthetic over here, but not much in cotton at all. Just wondering what you girls over there are using?
Hugs - Lurline♥

nettie said...

my in-laws live in salem, I will have to stop in to gracie lous next time we are in town.

Carrie P. said...

Looks like a great store. Love the Henry Glass fabrics.

Messy Karen said...

love all these fabrics. i'm also concerned about the cotton ric-rac. everything is being replaced by synthetics. any more of that orange gingham left?

Patricia said...

Nanette,
I seriously want to go shopping with you sometime. I'll drive! Give me a call. I'm in the phonebook. Love Tricia

Unknown said...

That looks like such a fun shop! I am absolutely drooling over the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt! I love it! Thanks for the link for the rick rack. That is a keeper.

Millie said...

It looks like a great store. Beautiful quilts. The grandmother's flower garden quilt reminds me of my very first quilt I made.

Nan said...

I must put Gracie Lou's on my list of must-see quilt shops, mustn't I? Yes, ma'am! The wringer washer and quilt combo is beautiful. I had to get a piece of dark chocolate after looking at that choclatey goodness quilt.
The fabrics you bought are lovely. Orange has become one of my favorite colors, too! Must be beacause it's winter, and I have a need for Vitamin C.
I am going off to Kiefers, and see about purchasing huge rolls of ric rac just for ME (depending on the cost, that is)!!

Mimi Sue said...

We do have a bunch of fun quilt stores on the Wasatch Front. Have you ever been to the shop hops? Mimi

Jana Nielson said...

Nannette! I'm so glad that you visited Gracies. Next time you come down here make sure you have the girls at Gracies give me a call. I'm only just down the street and I'd love to chat!

Sherri said...

Thanks for the tour of Gracie Lou's...what a fun shop. I've been on the website, but never in the store! Also thanks for the info. on ric rac! Ruby's is coming soon!

Mel said...

Hey Nanette,
I was just there for the first time a few weeks ago and came out with a few bags of cotton bliss!!

Happy Valentines!

Joanna said...

Gracie Lou's is my favorite shop ever! Usually, on weeks when I'm not busy trying to move, I am in Gracie's at least once a day! I have a hard time not buying loads of fabric every time I'm in there!

Cathi said...

Oooh, I love that dotted fabric. What fun you're going to have with that.
The GFG is beautiful!

pratima said...

The Grandmother's flower garden quilt is gorgeous! The fabrics you chose are so much fun!!
Can't wait for Natalie's post on Friday :)

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Wow! What a great store!
For being a major city, we have painfully few good quilt/fabric shops. :(

That is a nice polka dot print!
Have fun with your new fabrics.
Kimberly :)

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like a fun shop Nanette! I don't remember ever hearing of "a" Salem -- I'm going to have to google that!

Nile e Richard said...

Hello Friend, good day.
Very nice to work.
Happy Sunday to voce.abrços.Richard

Des said...

Salem...........is that south of you? I'd love to add it to our shop hop in June but we don't go past Gardiner village.

Love that paris fabric!! How fun!

Kim said...

very cute shop and WOW look at all the ric rak

Shari said...

Great fabric purchases. I especially liked the Paris scene. Can't go wrong with classic gingham in any colour...

jacquie said...

loved all the fabric you showed, but those anna griffin dots...wow...i'm in love with those!

Candace said...

Wow - I've missed so much from your blog while I've been away, Nanette! Great stuff! Thanks for the rick-rack lead, too - I've been trying to stock up, but finding a good outlet is difficult!
Cheers!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love all that rick rack!