swatches

4 comments




I am sending fabric swatches to my friend Jodie, who lives in Philadelphia. We went to college together and I have been telling her for years that I have a fantastic collection of owl fabrics (our unofficial school mascot) and that I would send her bits and pieces of them. Most of my owl fabrics (probably more like all of them) came from my mom. She has searched ebay and placed the winning bid on little bits and large bits of fantastic antique, vintage or Japanese owl fabrics and passed them on to me for birthdays, Christmas or JUST BECAUSE! One day I will make an owl quilt out of all this but for now it is nice to admire them. I also put a few other fabric samples in the batch of some other fabrics Jodie also might like. It is so fun to send a package! - Natalie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

julieQ said...

My sister loves owls so much too. What a great idea! I will keep my eyes open for "owl" fabrics...

Oiyi said...

Wonderful owl collection. I am collecting pig print fabrics.

jenny said...

It would be pretty awesome if my mom sent me little care packages of vintage fabrics. nice collection!

Karen said...

You have a wonderful collection of owl fabrics. They are so cute. I have noticed in the last year or so that owls are very popular.

Thanks so much for sharing