Making gifts

No Comments

The linen dish cloth was inspired by the dishcloths I ordered (on sale) from Anthropologie in the bread picture below. I used left over vintage fabric scraps and a teapot shaped cookie cutter for the template. I made several versions of this idea for family Bingo prizes at Thanksgiving. The yellow of the linen is much more buttery than the picture shows.
The scarf I made for a friend for Christmas. I used cotton gray "linen look" fabric and left over prints from other projects. To suit my friends personality I made it with an modern asymmetrical design. I used tassels from a cashmere scarf that had overwhelming tassels. I cut off the tassels from one side of the scarf (surged the raw edge) and saved them. You just never know when you will need green, tan and gray tassels after all, and they were cashmere. Anyway, I sewed them to the edges of the fabric scarf and I think it really finishes it off nicely. - nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments